A Monster Calls is a 2016 dark fantasy drama film directed by J. A. Bayona and written by Patrick Ness, based on his novel of the same name. The film stars Sigourney Weaver, Felicity Jones, Toby Kebbell, Lewis MacDougall, and Liam Neeson, and tells the story of Conor (MacDougal), a child whose mother (Jones) is terminally ill; one night, he is visited by a giant tree-like monster (Neeson), who states that he will come back each night and tell him three stories.
A Monster Calls premiered on September 10, 2016 at the 2016 Toronto International Film Festival. It was then released in Spain on October 7, 2016 and in the United Kingdom on January 1, 2017. In the United States, the film began a limited release in on December 23, 2016, followed by a wide release on January 6, 2017. The film received positive reviews from critics, who praised its themes, directing, performances and visual effects, although the writing was considered by some as overly dark. It has grossed $39 million worldwide.
- Lewis MacDougall as Conor O'Malley
- Max Golds as 5-year-old Conor
- Sigourney Weaver as Mrs. Clayton, Conor's strict grandmother who has a tense relationship with him.
- Felicity Jones as Elizabeth "Lizzie" Clayton, Conor's mother who is diagnosed with an unspecified terminal illness .
- Toby Kebbell as Mr. O'Malley, Conor's father who is divorced from Lizzie and now lives in the United States.
- Liam Neeson as the "Monster" (voice and motion capture), a giant humanoid yew tree. Tom Holland, who worked with Bayona on The Impossible, served as the stand-in for the Monster during one day of production.
- Neeson also appears in a photograph as Conor's grandfather (uncredited).
- James Melville as Harry, a school bully who frequently targets Conor.
- Geraldine Chaplin as the head teacher of Conor's school.
A Monster Calls (2016)
(( Right Click On Download Image & Click Save Link As... ))
Post Hit: 1463 Times